Monday, December 2, 2013

Events: Two years!



Two years ago, one of my lovely partners, Omega said I should start blogging about all the gear I had been collecting. It had been a whiles since I had done any writing,and I thought I would give it a shot.

For a while I worried about Impostor syndrome, as unlike many of my peers in the blogoshpere, I have never had military service, or LE service. I'm not a paramedic, firefighter, SES worker  nor any kind of professional hero. I'm just a guy, who likes camping, MilSim roleplay and has lived an exciting life in exciting places.  I feel the weight of your scrutiny heavily, and just stick to my guns, knowing that I have an opinion, have critical thinking, and a message to spread.




 I started this blog, in the beginning, with my manifesto such as it was, that I would cover gear, situations, preparation and the mentality of becoming "Apocalypse Equipped". Not with any clear suggestion of impending doom, but rather, "what if...?"

I'm not overly concerned about any given event, I don't really consider myself a conspiracy theorist, or any more connected to the data, but instead, I like to take my day to day life, and see if I can improve it, to suit the tumultuous world around us.

100 posts in, I did a recap, and again at 300 posts (This. Is. BRIGHTON). I was pretty excited when I clocked over at 100,000 page views,  and am constantly amazed at my daily, weekly and monthly  tally of hits.

I owe a lot of thanks to the fine folks who have supported me, either big companies who have sent me gear to review, or individual kit-makers who have cut me a sweet deal, and even just the folks in-store who have been kind enough to hear me out when I've asked "I want to put 'this' into 'that', and be able to hang upside-down ...." or let me guest-post on their blogs.

Last month was my best-tracking month yet, and I had a very gratifying connection with someone who has directly benefited from reading, so I hope that I can keep up the interest, as well as keep on top of my own prepping, and writing!

It's going to be a hot, dry summer here, so I'm sure I'll have lots of inspiration.

Stay safe, Ready For Anything!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...