Sunday, December 14, 2014

Movies: These Final Hours, Aftermath

 It's getting to be holiday season, so I thought I'd tempt you with a couple of films to set your moods. Its going to be a hot, dry and probably burning summer here in Australia. We're all waiting for the next installment in the Mad Max franchise, which I can tell you, was pretty formative for me, even the Mad Duo see the effect it's had on me.

I've always enjoyed disaster flicks, for both situation suggestions, but also for the "no, NO you idiot, take that, leave those, get out of there, CLOSE THE DOOR" moments that I can share with my friends. Its even better when the movies are more "Everybody Smith" than "Master Sergeant Squarejaw", because I can relate more, myself.  It goes doubly so when the setting is one I recognize and relate to: I was thrilled by 28 Days Later far more than by Armageddon .

So, here are two trailers I saw not too long ago, for movies I hope to watch on my days off as I'm canning supplies and sharpening my Tomahook.

These Final Hours (2014)

It's the last day on earth, twelve hours before a cataclysmic event will end life as we know it. James makes his way across a lawless and chaotic city to the party to end all parties. Along the way, he somewhat reluctantly saves the life of a little girl named Rose who is desperately searching for her father. Stuck with the unexpected burden of responsibility, James is forced to come to terms with what really matters in life as the final hours tick away.





Aftermath (2014)

The devastating horror of a nuclear apocalypse is now reality and nine desperate strangers find themselves clinging to life in a farmhouse cellar, while radioactive fallout descends on the darkened world above. These would-be survivors face the nightmare of dwindling supplies, poisonous air and the greatest threat of all - the hordes of zombie-like refugees who want in. With each dying day, their choice becomes clearer - stay and let the makeshift shelter become their tomb or face the unknown terrors of the world outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...