check these two out...
From the creator of the Crovel Extreme comes this jam-packed survival watch.
In his words:
RUGGED AS IT IS USEFUL:Recon 6 Watch is the Baddest watch around: Compass, Signal, Can Opener, Fire Starter, Whistle, Cutting Tool!
- Blade with sheep hook design for dressing out small game
- Bottle opener
- Can opener
- Fire striker
- Signaling mirror
- Fire starter good up to 5000 fire starts
- Aluminum rescue wistle
- 25 ft. of braided fishing line with 2 small fish hooks
- Magnifying glass
- EMP proof, liquid fill compass
- LED flashlight
Hefty, and with a price tag to match, but packed with content....
Then there is the father-son team behind the quite innovative multi-tool, survival axe, which I have my eyes on.
In their words:
The KLAX is a multi-tool built into the head of an ax. It allows you to attach the ax head to a handle quickly in the field. It uses the nested clamping system shown here. The clamps rotate out from the handle for use.
The KLAX is designed to be a short term solution to many of the problems that you could face either planned or unexpected. It will help you to get through situations where carrying a full set of dedicated tools is just not possible or realistic. Here are a few examples...
- stuck on the roadside in the backwoods and need to build a lean-to for shelter
- injured hiker needs an impromptu travois (stretcher) to be carried to safety
- hiking and need enough wood for a small cooking fire
- hunting and want to make small game traps
- forgot the hammer and need to pound in the tent pegs
- starting the split on a small log without many knots
- need to dig a hole (let's see your multi-tool do that)
Bottom Line: If you think it is trying to replace your full-sized dedicated tools for everyday use, you won't be happy with the KLAX.
KLAX-Lumberjack Our high-end stainless steel model with the most features. The first three models are all made from heat treated SUS420J2 stainless steel which is perfectly balanced for keeping an edge and maintaining strength.
KLAX - Woodsman Our mid-level stainless steel model with just the more useful features.
KLAX - Feller This is our more rustic model with just the basic features you need in the outdoors.
So, some pretty cool concepts there ....
I wish I could back them all, but we'll see, and perhaps I'll get to show them off in good time.