Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review: Sardine Can survival kit

Here's a quick one today. Going through my over-stuffed Messenger bag, I realised that I had a few items in there that I hadn't reviewed yet. This is one of them. This is the Sardine Can Survival Kit that was a gift from a friend several years ago, and has lived in the outer pouch of my bag since. This light little can is just the kind of thing that I like having around, and knowing it's been there has given me a sense of confidence, even when I've never needed it. As you can see, it's put up with a lot of abuse, and has kept on keeping on. 
Contained within its waterproof and airtight seal is a variety of items useful in a single container which also happens to light enough to float! I haven't broken mine open to check the contents, obviously that's a one-time only exercise, but here is a list of what is included: non-aspirin pain reliever, adhesive bandage, alcohol prep pad, antibiotic ointment, book of matches, compass, chewing gum, sugar, salt, energy nugget, duct tape, fire starter cube, first aid instructions, fish hook & line, note paper, pencil, razor blade, safety pin, reflective signal surface, tea bag, waterproof bag, whistle, and wire clip.


This is a nice little kit and it has remained as part of my EDC thus far without any incident. In fact, I am pretty sure I traveled to New Zealand with it in my bag, without incident. I know I have removed it before, so as not to be hassled by Airport Security as counter intuitive as leaving your survival kit at home when taking an overseas and over-mountain flight ... but that's the crazy world we live in.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...